2021/09/08

*+. RAY'S SKINCARE ROUTINE 2021年 9月 .+*

 Hello Everyone! 

I wasn't sure what to write about for a while, the only idea I had was to write about my skin care routine, but I thought that was stupid because I don't actually know if it's any good. But, after all, I can't come up with anything else, so I'll write it anyways.

Let's start with the condition of my skin: I have dry/normal sensitive skin with moderate hormonal acne, probably cystic. I don't usually produce much or any oil, and my main concern with my skin is bouts of painful inflamed acne. If you have similar skin to me, maybe you'll find some of these products useful!

(Oh! and as a disclaimer: I'm not affiliated with any brands whatsoever, except as a customer. I'm not advertising or endorsing anything, just listing what I use. I won't make any money off of this post no matter what.)


Step 0) Makeup Removal

To be honest, I didn't use any makeup remover since about 14 years old. I always just skipped this step and went straight to washing my face, but its definitely necessary! Using an actual makeup remover keeps me from having to scrub so hard to get the makeup off with soap/cleanser which leaves my skin sore and can cause wrinkles. I use a generic Mycellar Cleanser on cotton pads, and use q-tips to gently remove the makeup from my waterline and lash line (please don't sleep with makeup left behind in your eyes).

Step 1) Cleanse

I wash my face in the shower because I find that it keeps me reliably doing it every day if I don't have to go out of my way to do it as an extra chore (plus washing your face in the sink just generally sucks and is really unpleasant). I use Curology cleanser because it has no scent or color an is extremely gentle on sensitive skin. I have tried a lot of other cleansers but this is genuinely the only one that doesn't break me out.


Step 2) Toner

A good and liberally used toner is NECESSARY for those with acne. I can't imagine not using it now that I've started. With that being said, I struggle to find one I love. Currently, I'm using a homemade toner consisting of just 1 part Apple Cider Vinegar and 2 parts Water. I apply it to my bare clean skin and often between serums and moisturizer as well, to help everything absorb into my pores and make sure I'm getting the most out of every product.

Step 3) Exfoliator

I struggled for a long time to figure out how to exfoliate my face. In the past I tried to use different kinds of physical exfoliators, but those are soo not good for facial skin, ESPECIALLY for those with acne. I picked up this Naturium BHA Liquid Exfoliant recently, and it's definitely one of those "Ahah!" products for me, like "so this is what I've been missing this whole time!". ww
I use this every other day right now, I worked up from once every 3 days as to not shock my skin too much, but my skin needs to be turned over very often so I'm using it a lot. It's a leave-on exfoliant, so I can just use it like a serum which is nice and not too intimidating.


Step 4) Serums

I only use one serum currently, that being my Curology cream. I try to avoid overloading my routine with any more things to make SURE my skin is absorbing this and it's being allowed to work. After all, it's not cheap, and it's my skin's medicine. With that being said, though, I'm debating with myself about quitting it, so I may try other things soon. If you know of something similar to the Curology products I use, please recommend it to me!
(If you have acne and you were thinking about trying Curology, I still recommend it. I've been using it for over a year now, and it DID make my acne go away, I had somewhat severe acne when I started it, and now I only have occasional small breakouts.  It's $40/2 months, and it doesn't have miserable side-effects like acne medications, so if that sounds approachable for you, definitely try it!)

Step 5) Moisturizer

Next to toner, moisturizer is the other VITAL thing to get good in my opinion. I am so obsessed with moisturizers and I have many of them. I'm currently using Cetaphil "Gentle Clear" Mattifying Acne Moisturizer, and supplementing it with Aveeno "Calm Restore" when I'm feeling dry later in the day. Both of these are unscented, clean and gentle products ideal for very sensitive skin types. the Cetaphil moisturizer contains salicylic acid, which I consider to be a miracle cure ingredient for my skin. 


Step 7) Extra Crap

I also use a LOT of StarFace "Hydro-Stars" recently. There will never be a perfect version of me who doesn't pick his acne, I will always pop my pimples. But with hydrocolloid patches at least I can keep myself from digging big holes in my face and making terrible scars every time. These are also helpful to cover open wounds and keep them from burning when I apply my skincare, and keep my pillows from getting blood stains!! These things have many uses. Of course, I also like that they're cute looking. 


Every day, as a finish-off for my skincare I apply some chapstick since I notice my lips will feel extra dry if the rest of my face is freshly moisturized. My favorite chapstick is the Burts Bees Vitamin E & Peppermint, but I'm out right now. Currently I'm just using a random unscented one I have that I got for free some time ago. I just try not to use chapsticks with cheap bad ingredients. 


I rarely go outside, but if I am planning to go somewhere where I'll be out in the sun, I will use Sun Bum SPF 50 facial sunscreen.



That's all for today! I hope I was able to help anyone maybe to find something new to try, or whatever. Is there anything you think I should add or change? let me know!

Bye for Now! 


Music Rec:



0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿