2021/07/22

How I Use Pinterest ♡

 Hello Everyone!





Today I'll talk about how I use Pinterest. I've said a lot before that I use pinterest pretty heavily for inspo for basically every aspect of my life and style. From my hair cut and color to how it's styled, every different kind of outfit I like to wear, room decor, accessorizing, EVERYTHING. 


My Boards

I have a lot of boards, but I'll discuss my main ones.

Boom Board - The place I save my active boom vision. I'll usually use this board to influence immediate decisions like hair color, new eyelashes, piercings, new makeup gets, or clothing items to hunt for. 


I don't save by substyle, I just separate girly/cute and cool/hard style outfits. I think this helps me be creative and keeps me from getting stiff.

Sweet Board - Any sweet style outfits, make, or hair I like go here. 


Cool Board - Any darker and hardstyle outfits, make, or hair I like go here.


Nail Board - Nail Set reference material. 


Hair Board - Hair style references, tutorials, and ideas, that could work with my hair.


I have some other boards, for apartment decor, car decor, etc. but they're a little less interesting to look at.

How I use the Inspo 

Using photos as inspiration goes beyond "I like how this picture looks". I analyze the photos and try to understand WHY the outfit looks how it does, the elements that make it, and how I can create the same impression.

I examine all the photos on my board and pick out the most repeated elements.


This will help me to know where to even start on dressing how I like. If I can pick out the things that almost every photo has, I can get a head start before I even get to the clothes by cutting an coloring my hair, shaping my brows, getting a tan, etc.

I examine coordinates I like and determine how the silhouette is formed.

Gyaru is almost completely reliant on silhouette, especially where hair and clothing is concerned. the garments themselves can be completely plain, and the hair can be down, but the way it effects the silhouette can make it undeniably gal. If you aren't paying attention to silhouette, your outfit likely won't look gal even if you directly copy a photo.


When I pick outfits that I want to use as direct inspiration, I analyze how they fit on the body, how they influence the lines and shapes of the body, and how I can get that same effect even if my body is a different shape and I'm using different items.


As you can see, from here the criteria is pretty open ended, and I can easily pick items that look different and could still give the same appearance. This helps me know what to look for when shopping in local shops. 

How I make the looks my own

Obviously, I don't directly copy every aspect of photos to an obvious degree, and it's because I have a set group of criteria for my wardrobe to keep it cohesive and MINE. I stick to a color palette (but I allow myself to buy pieces outside of this palette occasionally if I know I can coordinate it). I also stick to a tone range. Having Neons, Pastels, Earth Tones, and whatever else all mixed together makes coordinating very hard. I will buy items that fit my color range instead of just whatever I see other gals wearing. I also like to incorporate Disney items into my looks because I'm a Disney collector, and it makes my outfits feel like me.


That's all for today, I hope it's helpful for someone out there! Bye for Now. 






2 件のコメント:

  1. I love this post so much, thank you for sharing!! I hope newbies find this helpful.

    返信削除
  2. Omgggg I don't know what I'd do without Pinterest <3333 it's absolutely perfect for inspiration and I love how you can put everything into cute lil' boards! I esp like how you examine coords with it <333

    返信削除