2022/11/07

How to make a Repeating Pattern out of any Image

 


Yoooo

Today I'll show you a little trick that I use for my blog often.

I was usually frustrated when looking up cute wallpaper to use for my blog, because there are soooo many cute character PHONE wallpapers, but those don't work for the blog, because they are not seamless.

For example, this one. ↴

Well, good thing I know how to fix it!



Step One:

Pick a good candidate.

You want to pick an image with a solid color background, or a simple background.

I'll use the MyMelo image above for today.


Step Two: 

Pick a square section to crop out of the image. ✂︎

Make sure your favorite part is included.

Be careful about what is on the edges of the image, and make sure they'll be easy to remove. 


Step Three:

Open it in a graphics program (I'll use MediBang today cause it's free.)

Color grab the background color and remove all the items that are cut off on the edges of the image.

Yeah it'll look stupid for now.


Step Four:

Resize the canvas to exactly 4x the current size.



Step Five:

Duplicate the image layer 4 times, and then place them in the four quadrants of the canvas to make the pattern.


Step Six:

FINAL STEP

Repeat step five!

But this time, you will not resize the canvas, and will just allow the excess to be cut off of the edges of the canvas.

You need to be careful this time to place them exactly, because the tiles won't line up with each other if they aren't perfectly centered at this stage!



As you can see, any piece that is cut off returns on the opposite side now!

RESULT:


Now it can be used as a wallpaper for my blog!


I hope this was helpful! If you're able to do it thanks to this tutorial, please let me know!

ByeBye!





0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿